OT? Adobe, XForms and XFA

From: Mark Barratt <markb@textmatters.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:43:24 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

I've been wondering about making PDFs with XForms facets (or PDFs
containing XForms-compatible instances, I suppose) and checked out the
draft PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 6) spec at Adobe's site.

This is not useful. Seems Adobe is using some version (2.02) of XFA,
(the spec of which was submitted to W3C by JetForms before it was
Accelio before it was Adobe) to represent 'rich text' in Acrobat
documents beside the PostScript - the manual repeatedly cites
xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/" and talks about
supporting version 2.02. The URL doesn't exist, and neither Adobe's
search engine not Google can find it.

Anyone here have any information about the current XFA schema or
generally about Adobe's intent in this area?

Mark Barratt
Text Matters