Get Ready for XForms - But When?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 02:20:59 EDT
To: tvraman@almaden.ibm.com, www-forms@w3.org
CC: xforms@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 13/09/2002 02:10:58 GMT Daylight Time, tvraman@us.ibm.com
writes:

> Get ready for XForms

I am taking advantage of TV Raman's post to ask a question I intended asking
anyway - What is the future process and timing for XForms?

The 2 week deadline for comments for the August 2002 WD was short so I know
that, personally, I didn't complete going through the WD in detail.

Is the comments period totally closed (as the WD might imply) or not?

Can we expect another WD, with a less compressed period for comments? Or a
"rush" to CR?

Since XHTML 2.0 is slated for a mid 2004 REC is there any great rush?

My personal view is that the WD is not yet ready to go to CR. But ... :) ...
I can appreciate that the WG might have other aspects to consider in addition
to my views! :)

Any steer on future intentions would be helpful.

Thanks

Andrew Watt