RE: 11.5: why submission/@separator?

Thank you.  That part is an editorial oversight.  We'll fix it.
Leigh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Schaefer [mailto:joe@sunstarsys.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 10:52 AM
To: Leigh L. Klotz
Cc: XForms List
Subject: Re: 11.5: why submission/@separator?

"Leigh L. Klotz" <klotz@adoc.xerox.com> writes:

[...]

> Since we have a requirement to support legacy formats, and since it
> appears that "&" is required for interoperability, we added the option
> for force its use.

I'm perfectly happy with both ";" and "&" as possible separators,
and leaving the decision up to the xforms author.  But I don't see
the need for allowing any _other_ choice of separator character.

To my knowledge, the restriction to either ";" or "&" is not
spelled out in the current draft.

--
Joe Schaefer