RE: Question about security and the Xforms

From: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:37:25 -0700
To: "'macarthy@iol.ie'" <macarthy@iol.ie>, xforms <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi Justin,

For local load/save, that's always possible even without supporting text in
the XForms specification. In fact modern browsers all support saving all or
part of a form, and I expect that to continue with XForms.

In fact, it will be even better, because instead of heuristics to match form
data to form controls, there is a 'p3ptype' property to specifically
describe what kind of data is getting collected.

Signed forms is a hot topic, though we are not tackling it for XForms 1.0.

Thanks,

.micah