From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 1:38 AM
To: xforms@yahoogroups.com; www-forms@w3.org; www-forms-editor@w3.org
Subject: 7.8.1 - property() function - conformance-level

It seems to me that there may a design inadequacy in or related to 7.8.1.

If I am interpreting it correctly the conformance-level property relates to
the XForms processor.

What mechanism is provided, here or elsewhere in the specification, to
support/define the scenario where an XForms Basic processor is served an
XForms Full document?

It seems to me that it may be possible for an XForms Basic processor to be
served an XForms document which it cannot process, for example a document
which uses unsupported XPath 1.0 axes. Is that correct?

In which case, what behaviour should the XForms Basic processor produce?

Is there, in fact, any mechanism for an "XForms document" to signal which
level of conformance it claims?

If my concerns here are well-founded it seems to raise significant questions

about the suitability of the current XForms draft as a cross-platform forms
solution.

Andrew Watt