Re: [Moderator Action] Re: XForms WD 20020821 - 3.2.2 What are linking attributes for?

Moderator: sent to www-forms@w3.org and www-forms-editor@w3.org
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
  To: steven.pemberton@cwi.nl ; xforms@yahoogroups.com ; www-forms@w3.org ; www-forms-editor@w3.org ; w3c-forms@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 1:03 PM
  Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: XForms WD 20020821 - 3.2.2 What are linking attributes for?

  In a message dated 01/09/2002 22:58:27 GMT Daylight Time, steven.pemberton@cwi.nl writes:

    But let's get a couple of things out of the way. 'Abhorrence' is your word,
    not ours. We are using XLink semantic properties, just not its syntactical
    expression, since it doesn't meet our needs.

    Secondly having more than one URL on an element is not the same as embedding
    two documents.

  So, please explain clearly why, or in what circumstances xforms:include needs more than one linking attribute?

  It doesn't help the discussion if you tell me repeatedly that I don't get it. If I "got" the logic of your position I wouldn't be asking the questions in the way I have.

  I would ask you to consider the possibility that the logic behind your position has not (yet) been adequately explained and so ask you to provide a better/fuller explanation.

    Thirdly, I don't believe I used the word 'need' either, either with or
    without double quotes. But the fact that you thought I did is only evidence
    that you are not understanding the issue.

  Steven,

  Why are you denying that you used the word "need" only two paragraphs after referring to "our needs"?

  In addition, don't you recall using "needed" and "need" in
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0158.html? In that document you also expounded on your disquiet about one linking attribute per element.

  Please take a little time to better express what you are trying so say. An example of where you believe an XForms element needs two linking attributes would help me to assess the validity or otherwise of the position you are putting forward.

  Thanks.

  Andrew Watt