Re: [Moderator Action] Re: XForms WD 20020821 - 3.2.2 What are linking attributes for?

Moderator: sent to www-forms@w3.org and www-forms-editor@w3.org
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
  To: steven.pemberton@cwi.nl ; www-forms@w3.org ; www-forms-editor@w3.org ; w3c-forms@w3.org ; xforms@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 2:12 PM
  Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: XForms WD 20020821 - 3.2.2 What are linking attributes for?

  Stephen,

  Thanks for the reply.

  You mentioned difficulty in posting to xforms@yahoogroups.com. Simply send an email to xforms-subscribe@yahoogroups.com with subscribe in the subject line and your problem will be solved.

  In a message dated 30/08/2002 11:59:19 GMT Daylight Time, steven.pemberton@cwi.nl writes:

    > Only one linking attribute, the src attribute, is listed but reference is
    > made to "All linking attributes". Is there one linking attribute, if so
    why
    > refer to "all" linking attributes? Or more than one attribute?

    All HTML <  p > elements represent a paragraph. All XForms linking attributes
    behave as an XLink link. See?

  Stephen,

  See? Yes and No. :)

  I think what the XForms WG was trying to say was "The XForms src attribute, whatever XForms element it may be on, always behaves with the semantics of an XLink simple link .....".

  If that is what the WG was trying to say can you agree that the text above is better drafting?

  Regards

  Andrew Watt