RE: [Announcement] FormsPlayer beta

From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:09:46 +0100
To: "'AndrewWatt2001@aol.com'" <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Cc: XForms@yahoogroups.com, www-forms@w3.org

Hi Andrew,

> I look forward to trying your product.

Thanks for your interest.

> I guess it will be in the documentation somewhere but
> which version of the WD does your product support?

It is - it is mostly in-line with the previous draft.

We had not 100% completed bind as per the old spec when the new one came
out. The new draft caused us to slightly re-think a couple of things, and as
a result we decided not to complete our old version of bind, and instead
restructure a little. However, we thought that what we had so far would
probably still be of interest to people who might be considering using
XForms in a project, and may want a tool that helps them try it out. In
particular there seemed to be a lot of interest on the list in using XForms
within the major browsers.

So, although a full-spec version will be available soon, we hope our beta is
of interest.

Regards,

Mark

PS I've had a few emails about licensing. We hope to keep FormsPlayer for IE
as a free download.

Mark Birbeck
Co-author Professional XML,
and Professional XML Meta Data,