From: Subramanian Peruvemba (PV) [mailto:subramanian.peruvemba@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:29 AM
To: Tomayko, Ryan; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: readonly and setvalue

>> First, making readonly a CSS attribute means that it can no longer be
>> dynamic.

I agree CSS MAY not be as dynamic.

When you mark a control as readonly, you are making two statements:
 >> 1. *Display* this control in a way that a user will know that they
are   not able to interact with it. (grayed, etc.)
 >> 2. Do not allow user modification of data in this node.

I hope the spec was as clear. The only problem I have right now is that
the specs says the following.

1. readonly is a model item property. In reality this is does not
entirely fall into the category of a model Item property, but as long as
a clear explanation provided.

2. Definition of readonly says "ANY CHANGES" not allowed. Doesn't ANY
include processor also?

3. Says when calculate is present the DEFAULT is "true". Does this mean
a author can change the readonly to "false" (when a calculate is
present)?