RE: readonly and setvalue

From: Tomayko, Ryan <Ryan_Tomayko@stercomm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 03:54:17 -0400
To: Jérôme Nègre <jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr>, Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Cc: "'bhanu'" <bhanu_k@hotmail.com>, www-forms@w3.org

Another example of why you would want readonly only to apply to the UI is
calculating values. For instance, you my want to display a list of product
line items and allow the user to input the quantity and unit price for each.
The line total would be readonly and calculated based on the quantity * unit
price.

- Ryan Tomayko