RE: Doubling instance data

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:55:38 -0700
To: "'Peter V. Mikhalenko'" <xml-dev@sigent.ru>, "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

You can use <bind ref=".." calculate="..."/> if there is a programmatic
relationship you can express between the <message> and the <author> elements
that doesn't violate the dynamic predicates rule.  (As expressed in your
fragment below, it's not clear what the relationship is; is it XPath
following-sibling, or are the two elements in different parts of the

I'll re-write your markup to make it an easier example for me (and omit
namespaces).  I believe something like the following will work, bit I
haven't run it through a test:

     <author>I am</author>
        <author>I am</author>

 <bind nodeset="/bboard/threads/thread/message/author"

If the relationship is between message and threads is different, you will
have to use different markup, but bear in mind the dynamic predicates rule
(see spec).