using toggle within select1

From: Roman Huditsch <roman.huditsch@hico.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:41:37 +0100
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

Hello Sirs,

While I am writing my thesis statement, I want to develop an XForms File, which is able to create XML Topic Maps.
So I rather soon came up with some questions.
I would like to implement a mechanism for choosing the language of the displayed form labels. I thought that a <select1> will do it (I didn't want this mechanism to appear as a button).

The problem now is that I don't know how to combine my <select1> with a <toggle> element, which should switch between two <case>s.
How can I achieve that? I wrote something like:

		<xforms:select1 appearance="compact">
			<xforms:hint>Wählen Sie hier die Sprache der Formularfeldbeschriftungen</xforms:hint>
					<xforms:label>Deutsch / German</xforms:label>
					<xforms:toggle case="de" ev:event="xforms-activate"/>
					<xforms:label>Englisch / English</xforms:label>
					<xforms:toggle case="en" ev:event="xforms-activate"/>

But I don't think that it works. A very important point is that I don't want the exact values of each item to appear in my document instance. So it gets a bit more complicated.
Can you please help me on that?