RE: [XForms] ID/IDREF relationships in XML instances

From: Mark Seaborne <MSeaborne@origoservices.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:59:13 -0000
To: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Cc: <XForms@yahoogroups.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>

Andrew

Thanks for clearing that up then :)

All I want to do is to have a form that understands and maintains the relationship between the address and person in the XML below:

<my_xml>
	<address id="a">
		<line_1>4 Heronimous Road</line_1>
		<line_2>Skegness</line_2>
		<line_3/>
		<line_4/>
		<postcode>SK1 1KS</postcode>
	</address>
	<person id="i">
		<forenames>Harold</forenames>
		<surname>Biggs</surname>
		<address address_id="a"/>
	</person>
</my_xml>

where both person and address repeat, one person may have only one address, but one address can be linked to none or more persons. Maybe I should be expressing something like this in the schema, or in the model? Thinking about it, perhaps keys would do the trick?

Any other advice, or experience would certainly be welcomed.

All the best

Mark