Forms usability

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 05:45:36 EST
To: www-forms@w3.org, xforms@yahoogroups.com

I was wondering if any of the list members are aware of any useful / quality
analyses of the usability of online and offline forms.

I am asking the question in the context of some issues I am thinking through
about XForms but my question is looking for information from other contexts.

I am not particularly looking for glossy reports on usability or complete
books (although I would be interested in any pointers to those if they
exist). I would also be interested in anecdotes of doing things right or
those "Ah ha" moments when you realise why customers are moaning about a
particular form being a pain.

If there are any publicly accessible explorations of usability of forms on
smaller-than-desktop user agents that too would be of interest to me.

Thanks.

Andrew Watt