XForms CR - 3.3.2 "one and the same"?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:38:47 EST
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org, Xforms@yahoogroups.com

In 3.3.2 the sentence, "We also seek feedback on self-referential cases where
the instance data and the containing document are one and the same." is used
to refer to an open issue.

Since, to the best of my knowledge, instance data can (more or less) only
exist when an <xforms:instance> element is nested within an <xforms:model>
element I don't see how the "instance data" and the "containing document" can
ever be "one and the same".

Quite possibly I am missing some significant point but some clarification
would be helpful.

Andrew Watt