From: Dan Dennedy [mailto:DDennedy@digitalbang.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:12 AM
To: Dan Dennedy; Micah Dubinko; Dan G. Switzer, II; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: A few XForms Questions...

> I'd like to return to this discussion...

No one is interested?

> From: Micah Dubinko
> >
> > From: Dan Switzer
> >

> > >2) The ability to create n-related select boxes.
> >
> > We do specify heirarchial selection items, but that's not
> exactly what

I am working on an implementation of hierarchial <selectOne> and
<selectMany>. If I want to mix some static high level items and dynamic
lower level items, it is fairly obvious to use, e.g.:

<selectOne ref="">
	<caption>Select a category and keyword</caption>
	<choices>
		<caption>Category A</caption>
		<itemset nodeset="">
			<caption ref=""/>
			<value ref=""/>
		</itemset>
	</choices>
	<choices>
		<caption>Category B</caption>
		<itemset nodeset="">
			<caption ref=""/>
			<value ref=""/>
		</itemset>
	</choices>
<selectOne>

From the spec, an itemset can not contain an itemset, but a choices can
contain itemset or choices. If I want the hierarchy totally dynamic using
itemset, is the following representation correct?

<selectOne ref="">
	<caption>Select a category and keyword</caption>
	<choices>
		<itemset nodeset="">
			<caption ref=""/>
			<value ref=""/>
		</itemset>
		<choices>
			<itemset nodeset="">
				<caption ref=""/>
				<value ref=""/>
			</itemset>
		</choices>
	</choices>
<selectOne>

Does it adequately imply that the second itemset is dependent upon the first
itemset similar to a nested repeat? This representation does not seem as
strong as the nested repeat. I would prefer something like the following
where the nodeset context is more obvious:

<selectOne ref="">
	<caption>Select a category and keyword</caption>
		<itemset nodeset="">
			<caption ref=""/>
			<value ref=""/>
			<itemset nodeset="">