Where to declare namespaces for binding expressions?

From: Plech¹míd Martin <Martin.Plechsmid@merlin.cz>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:18:52 +0100
To: "'XForms'" <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello.

If instance-data use namespaces, e.g.

	<xforms:instance>
		<my:root xmlns:my="my-namespace">
			<my:a />
			<my:b />
		</my:root>
	</xforms:instance>

the XPath expressions referring into the xforms:instance have to use them
too. E.g.

	<xforms:bind ref="my:root/my:a" calculate="../my:b" />
or
	<xforms:input ref="my:root/my:a" />

But first, the namespaces used in the xpath expressions have to be declared.
Where am I to put the namespace declarations? On the root of the xforms
document? (Of course, technically it is irrelevant, but conceptually, I'm
not sure if this is the right place.) And I'm not even sure (as I haven't
found it in the specification) whether the xpath expressions are understood
to inherit the namespace declarations from the containing xforms document.

Thank you,
		Martin.