Binding and constraints dereferencing

Hello Micah,

thank you very much, I will come up soon with some questions regarding
combining XForms with other languages, for now I have a question
concerning this specific paragraph of the spec:

4.4.1 xforms:submit Dispatched in response to: a user request to submit
the instance data.
Target: submitInfo
(....)
Default processing for this event results in the following:

1.A node from the instance data is selected, based on the attribute ref
on element submitInfo. This node and all child nodes, are considered for
the remainder of the submit process.

My question is: only the ref attribute should be considered? Isn't it
more convenient to check for a bind attribute first?

I mean: I can't understand how the overriding of the binding references
works, what happens if I use both a bind and a ref attribute on a UI or
a sumbitInfo element? The funny thing is that step 3 of process
described in the 6.4.2 paragraph (getting to know what schema
constraints should be applied) depends on that too but isn't clear
enough anyways (to me, of course).

Can you please clarify a bit those two algoritms a bit? I think it is
important because of course different behaviors on this vital
functionality for an XForms processor would bring to very different
XForms document writing strategies.

Thank you very much, ciao
ste