RE: XSLT and XForms

From: Plechsmíd Martin <Martin.Plechsmid@merlin.cz>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:51:55 +0200
To: "'Schulze, Matthias'" <schulze@dresden-informatik.de>, "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

> Again, DOM seemed to be more flexible then XSLT because XSLT
> demands the use of innerHTML.
> For instance, if you wanna disable your INPUT using XSLT
> you have to do this:
>
> X.innerHTML = "<INPUT name='i1' type='text' disabled='true' size='15'
> value='ABC'...";
>
> Of course the string must be generated by the XSL processor fist.
> With DOM it's just
>
> i1.disabled=true

We took neither of these extreme approaches (everything by DOM vs.
everything by XSLT). The initial HTML page we generate using XSLT (which is
immediate), then XForms runtime scripts are initialized (initialization is
rather slow, yet) and all runtime processing is then performed using DOM
(i1.disabled = true; etc.). The only place where we make use of innerHTML is
when inserting and deleting records in xforms:repeat (because innerHTML is
much faster then DOM, according to my experience).

	Martin.