how to render xform model?

From: alex <shortestpath@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:51:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

I'm a bit unclear after reading section 2.3 of the xforms spec,
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xforms-20020118/slice2.html#concepts-xfu

Am I understanding correctly that:
1. an xform model is -required- in the <head> section,
2. which an xforms processor takes as input in order to
   render the form?

My question is, assuming IE, NN, Mozilla don't yet support
xforms (am I wrong?), how else can I begin to use xforms?

From the picture in section 2.3, I should be able to use
xhtml to transform the xform model, correct? But how?

-alex