Re: REMOVE, REMOVE, REMOVE - XFORMS IS GARBAGE

Anthony,

There is no reason to be polite when this group is handled in such an
utterly stupid way.  The entire XFORMS project reeks of gross stupidity and
is a pointless waste of time as it is not an industry-standard - or even
vaguely intelligent way to handle data within browsers.  What should be done
is a data repository with simply direct scripting language.  The entire
approach of XML (eXtraneous Markup Language) is just dead WRONG and is going
to go nowhere.

I am fed up with watching the computer industry and those involved with it
move backwards and backwards into a primitive dark age.  The entire
situation with data was figured out on mainframes quite well in the 1960s
and 1970s with real databases that had direct terminal sessions to
manipulate the data.  However, today, all we have is layer after layer of
useless garbage proliferating around endless GUIs - AND NOTHING IMPORTANT IS
GETTING DONE.

I have watched these emails for years and I COMPLETELY DISMISS THE VALIDITY
OF XFORMS AND XML, as they are a huge step backwards in terms of how to
handle data.  You are deluding yourself - and know little about computing -
if you think otherwise.

Moreover, you all can't even manage the list in a vaguely intelligent way.
I manage a number of Yahoo Groups sites which makes it very easy to set
email preferences and acts as a central repository for ALL MESSAGES so
people don't have to be deluged with the latest dumb question or fragment of
half-baked thought, but can look at the whole on a single site and read what
they wish to read.  Why don't you run this group this way?

It seems like all of the people I've watched and read on the XFORMS list
have a burning passion to reinvent the wheel but do it in a square shape.
If calling a spade a spade is rude, then so be it.

Please be sure we are removed from this list forthwith.

Best Regards,

Jim R. Benfer Jr., Chairman/CEO
MaxFrame Corporation
www.maxframe.com