RE: type of instance data

From: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:56:01 -0800
To: 'Jérôme Nègre' <jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr>, www-forms@w3.org
Greetings,

We don't require a DOM implementation for instance data, only that it is an
"XPath data mmodel". (Though DOM is certainly a good way to get there!)

In 7.2, we define an interface that returns a DOM document (again, this only
makes sense in implementations that have a DOM). We've updated our internal
version to clarify that this must be singly-rooted, just like the serialized
instance data shown in 2.3.

Thanks!

.micah