Chapter 8 - Still inappropriate checkbox for selectOne etc

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:45:19 EST
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org
CC: www-forms@w3.org
8.4 - The figure needs to be adjusted so that all of it displays correctly.

8.6 - It seems to me that there is a fundamental flaw in expression about
"range". I think it is inconsistent to term a range as "continuous" when it
has a stepSize attribute. Once a step size is defined the range is not
continuous, in my view.

8.9 The inappropriate use of checkboxes for selectOne has reappeared. This
is, in my view, an inappropriate user interface to express the notion of
"select one". My recollection is that this was discussed on the list and
generally agreed as undesirable/inappropriate. The behaviour described in 8.9
is NOT that of a checkbox.

8.10 - the option for a value of "radio" for selectMany should be deleted.
Why provide something so intrinsically confusing for the user interface?
Again, I thought it had been agreed that this was inappropriate and would be
removed.

8.12.3, 2nd last line - Should there be "IDREF" twice instead of "idref"?

8.12.4, 2nd bullet point - The word caption should be in monospace, I think

8.12.4.1,

Andrew Watt