What is an "XForms Processor"?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:19:14 EST
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org
CC: www-forms@w3.org
I guess this may seem the ultimate in dumb questions but I think the WD could
be significantly clearer on this point.

Chapter 1.1 includes the following text: "a new platform-independent markup
language for online interaction between an XForms Processor and a remote user
agent"

The question arises from the conjuntion of the phrases "online" interaction
and "remote" user agent in association with the term "XForms Processor".

I guess the question boils down to this - Must an XForms Processor be client
side? If so, why the reference to "online" interaction with the "remote" user
agent?

Also, for practical purposes, isn't the XForms processor part of the "user
agent"?

Andrew Watt