RE: forms

Thank you for your rant about forms; I am sympathetic. Unfortunately,
what you describe has little to do with technology esp. XForms. There is
nothing in XForms or even current HTML forms to prevent a website from
disclosing what information will be requested. Forms processors can
retain state if they choose. At least, many e-commerce shopping carts
retain state across sessions, right?