Re: XForms WD 20020821 - 3.2.2 What are linking attributes for?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:11:29 EDT
To: steven.pemberton@cwi.nl, www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org, w3c-forms@w3.org, xforms@yahoogroups.com

Thanks for the reply.

You mentioned difficulty in posting to xforms@yahoogroups.com. Simply send an
email to xforms-subscribe@yahoogroups.com with subscribe in the subject line
and your problem will be solved.

steven.pemberton@cwi.nl writes:

> > Only one linking attribute, the src attribute, is listed but reference is
> > made to "All linking attributes". Is there one linking attribute, if so
> why
> > refer to "all" linking attributes? Or more than one attribute?
> All HTML <  p > elements represent a paragraph. All XForms linking
> attributes
> behave as an XLink link. See?

See? Yes and No. :)

I think what the XForms WG was trying to say was "The XForms src attribute,
whatever XForms element it may be on, always behaves with the semantics of an
XLink simple link .....".

If that is what the WG was trying to say can you agree that the text above is
better drafting?

Andrew Watt