RE: xslt stylesheet for xforms to xhtml

From: Robert Trybis <rt@cygnets.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:56:08 +0100
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

Perhaps I should explain further what I am trying to do.

I think xforms is the future for form processing on the www.
Unfortunately I need forms now but xforms is not yet ready.

The solution (I think) is to define my forms in xforms then use xlst to
produce xhtml. I can use the xhtml right now. My forms are also future
proofed since in the future, when xforms is widely adopted, I will be
able to use them directly without the translation step.

            ____
xforms---->|xslt|---->xhtml
            ----
              ^

           xslt stylesheet

I am sure this must be being done already and I was wondering if there
was already an xslt stylesheet available that will do the translation?

There were some earlier emails on a similar topic but they did not
appear to reach a conclusion on a stylesheet. Also they were concerned
with "on-the-fly" processing either on the server or the client. I am
thinking more about a one-off batch conversion during development.

Is this too simplistic a view?

Regards
Robert