Re: XForms WD 20020821 - 2.1 Code Error?

From: Kurt George Gjerde <kurt.gjerde@intermedia.uib.no>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:26:40 +0200 (MET DST)
To: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:

> The two parts of the example code do not seem, to me at least, to correspond.
>
> For example, the ref attribute of the abominable <select1> element contains
> the value of "method".
>
> If I was coding this I would give it the value of "root/method". This works
> in X-Smiles.

According to what I've learned the last couple of days the current node of
an instance is the "root" node (whatever it may be called), not the
xforms:instance itself. So the current (or eval context) in this example
is <root>. So ref "method" and "/root/method" is the same. See 7.3 and
this weeks "absolute/relative" thread in www-forms.

> Is the code in the WD in error? Or is the way I have been coding XForms in
> X-Smiles incorrect?

I initially did it the same way you did (and so has other implementations
I've seen) but I've now altered my code.

best,
-Kurt.
kurt george gjerde <kurt.gjerde@intermedia.uib.no>
intermedia uib, university of bergen