Re: Naming: select1 vs. singleSelect

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
> What is the reason of using a name like 'select1' for single choice
> selection element?
> Don't you think that this kind of name is absolutely unusual in XML, XSL,
> XHTML or HTML worlds? What's wrong with 'selectOne' or
> 'singleSelect'/'multiSelect' names? Or maybe 'select-one' (using XSLT naming
> convensions)?

Absolutely. I skimmed parts of the new WD yesterday and this one really
made me wonder. It just looks wrong; selectOne or select-one is
much better. Also doesn't select1 kind of imply that there's a select2,
select3, etc...

The new <select/> (instead of selectMany) is also confusing since most
current uses of the HTML select element is for selecting a single item.

And, what's the reason for having two select elements in the first place?
Can't there just be an attribute that says how many items that can be
selected?

Best,
-Kurt.
kurt george gjerde <kurt.gjerde@intermedia.uib.no>