Re: xforms in xhtml, styled using xsl?

The XSL required to take an XForm and produce an HTML rendering is the
clever bit, and is likely to be subject to copyright, etc. However, the
technique of using XSL to translate one type of mark up to another (eg
xhtml to PDF using XSL-FO) is documented freely, and that is probably where
you should start

Jonathan R. Young

                      Roger Perttu
                      <roger.perttu@eas        To:       "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>
                      it.se>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: xforms in xhtml, styled using xsl?
                      www-forms-request
                      @w3.org

                      21/08/2002 16:19
                      Please respond to
                      Jonathan.R.Young

Karandikar, Shailesh wrote:

>I guess you could implement XSLT based XForms solution on client with only
>limited functionality.
>Hoever, if you want to exploit the full power of XForms's processing model
>(E.g. bind computations, Xml events, dynamic constructs, etc.), existing
>html/xhtml browsers cann't be effectively used, unless you extend their
>functionality programmatically.
>
>There are a few solutions which try to map XForms to xhtml + Jscript,
>considerably increasing size of the document and reducing the execution
>speed. But, as we know, these solutions are only gap-fillers.
>
>Shailesh Karandikar
>Dendrite Intl.

It
>uses dhtml instead of xsl ( ... because it was the "shortest path" ;-)
>
>greets
>
>M.
>
>>does anyone know of an example out there that uses
>>xforms in xhtml, and styled one the client side with
>>xsl?
>>
>>thanks,
>>-alex

I'm trying to learn xforms and I need some XSLT sample templates that
can convert any xform to simple xhtml. I've used Google without luck.

thanks,
Roger P