From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 12:40 PM
To: eamon.otuathail@clipcode.com; www-forms@w3.org
Cc: xforms@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: XForms and XPath 2.0

eamon.otuathail@clipcode.com writes:

Would it make sense to have XForms 1.0 be based on XPath2.0, rather than
the older XPath1.0?

Eamon

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xpath20-20020816/

Eamon,

In the long term it may well.

Waiting for XPath 2.0 is, as I understand it, not an intention of the XForms
Working Group for XForms 1.0.

It seems to me that waiting would significantly delay XForms 1.0, which I
think would be undesirable.

Hopefully someone from the XForms WG will also comment.

Regards

Andrew Watt