RE: XForms Schema Attached

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. <Leigh.Klotz@pahv.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:55:24 -0700
To: "'Jérôme Nègre'" <jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr>
Cc: "'Micah Dubinko'" <MDubinko@cardiff.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>, "'Roland Merrick'" <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>

Here is an answer to questions not answered by Micah Dubinko or Roland
Merrick:

	From: Jérôme Nègre <jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr>
	To:       "Micah Dubinko" <MDubinko@cardiff.com>,
<www-forms@w3.org>
	Subject:  Re: XForms Schema Attached
	Date: 24/07/2002 13:29

	8) I'm not sure that the new name <select1> is better than the
old <selectOne>. Same issue with <select> and <selectMany>.
The HTML Working Group requested that we honor their convention of
having all lower-case tag names, to facilitate integration into XHTML.
The select element is general (0 or more) and so "selectMany" is
misleading; renaming it "select" fixed both problems.
The select1 element requires select of exactly 1 item, but the name
"selectone" is difficult to read, so we chose the numeral "1", as a
clear indication of its difference from "select".