RE: XFoms "suspend and resume" support

From: Josef Dietl <josef@mozquito.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:04:24 +0200
To: "joern turner" <joern.turner@web.de>, CULANG Stéphane <Stephane.CULANG@France-boissons.fr>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello Joern and Stéphane,

I may have missed something, but there appears to be some redundancy:

> through a very simple interface based on the XLink roles defined by
> XForms we can identify the type of requested data (container, model,
> instance, UI, external data-list) and the implementing
> (application-specific) connector classes can resolve the hrefs on
> instances and load the appropriate form to display/edit them.

Actually, the way the XLink stuff for XForms is supposed to work is like
a 3rd party link or external linkbase according to the XLink spec. Can
you explain why you need the additional roles "container" and "external
data-list"?

Another question: Are you building solutions combining XForms with
Digital Signatures? - If so, did you find anything in the current design
that precludes that combination?

Josef