RE: XForms browser

Niclas, Debra & Mili,

quick word on the browser situation with
XForms. Currently, no major browser is supporting
XForms. There also isn't a plug-in for Netscape
or IE either. I know that Netscape had expressed
interest in implementing XForms, but based on
their scarce resources, you never know whether
its going to happen.

However, apart from the XSmiles browser, there is
indeed a way how to make XForms happen in existing
browsers Netscape and IE.

Mozquito offers a server-side transcoder called
XML WebAccess 2.0, that transforms XForms documents
on the server into cross-browser JavaScript and DHTML
upon request. This enables existing browsers to
render XForms without requiring end-users to instead
plug-ins. Instead, a plug-in is installed into
the web server (Apache or IIS) to do the
backwards-compatibility.

For running examples in the browser, check out:
http://solutions.mozquito.com

More information on the product and download can be
found at: http://www.mozquito.com

A new client-side development environment for
XML WebAccess 2.0 is going to be released by Mozquito
shortly. Until then, apart from installing WebAccess
on your web server, you can use the public FTP server
on http://solutions.mozquito.com to author, upload
and test-drive your XForms app on this web server
where the web server plug-in is installed.

Accountinfo:

FTP
address: solutions.mozquito.com
username: forms