Voice support

From: Josef Dietl <josef@mozquito.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:17:53 +0100
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Dear all,

Recently, we've seen a question about the emphasis on voice with XForms.
This time, the answer was prepared by T.V. Raman for the Working Group.

Josef

The correct approach here would indeed be to create an XForms + Voice
profile. This is analogous to creating an XHTML+XForms or XForms + SVG
profile. Given that the XForms group was originally created to address
the needs of XHTML forms, we are planning to create a XHTML+XForms
profile. In preparation for this, we have ensured that XForms is cleanly
modularizable. We expect other integration profiles e.g. XForms + SVG,
XForms+Voice etc. to emerge over time based on resource availability and
interest amongst W3C working groups.

XForms is made of a model, binding and UI layer; thereby easing the
process of integrating different UI languages into the XForms
architecture.