Re: Terminology - XForms forms

In a message dated 29/10/01 10:21:21 GMT Standard Time, josef@mozquito.com
writes:

> I'll see to it that the terminology gets straightened out. Your input is
> well appreciated, and as Jouni points out, the solution is not really
> obvious.
>
> "My XForms is not working" sounds natural to me - but it refers only to
> the XForms functionality. Can you imagine what could be used once the
> body of the form is in just some markup language (for a beginning,
> XHTML, SVG, VoiceXML, or SMIL), and "only" the forms-specific parts are
> XForms?

Josef,

Thanks for the prompt reply and the indication that the issue will be looked
at by the WG.

To me, a native (British) English speaker, the sentence "My XForms is not
working" sounds really horrible. The use of a plural (collective?) noun with
a singular verb sets my teeth on edge. :)

So, I guess, we are left with either the "XForm" (as singular) or "XForms
form" or possibly both (depending on context)?

Regards

Andrew Watt