Do unbound binds apply?

From: Ray Cromwell <ray_cromwell@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

If there are <bind> entries that are not bound by any
UI control, are they still included during processing
of the dependency graph? If so, is their evaluation
context the root of the the instance data?

Another question - when building the dependency graph
and you encounter <repeat> UI elements, do you have to
loop through and add each repeating model item
property that is bound into the dependency graph?

I'm thinking specifically of a fibonacci-sequence
example, where you have

And you have bindings like

<bind id="fib" ref="."
calculate="preceding-sibling::f[1] +

Next, you have a form like

<input ref="fib/f[1]"><caption>First
<input ref="fib/f[2]"><caption>Second

<repeat nodeset="fib/f[position() > 2]">
<output bind="fib"><caption>nth

The idea is that the form shows the two starting
numbers (1,1) and displays all the numbers up to the
last existing one in the instance. If either one of
those two are changed, are all recalculated. However,
the bind expression I used (.) doesn't make sense
outside of the repeat. The spec doesn't seem to say
exactly how the M-D graph should be constructed, but I
am starting from all UI bound binding expressions.

Do You Yahoo!?