RE: Details on changes to XForms (schema attached)

In the following excerpt from the last call schema, what is the difference
between the new item <value> child element and the old item value attribute.

<xsd:element name="item">
   <xsd:complexType>
     <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:element ref="xform:value"/>
       <xsd:group ref="xform:commonUIChildren"/>
     </xsd:sequence>
     <xsd:attributeGroup ref="xform:horzAttrs"/>
     <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:ID"/>
     <xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:string"/>
   </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

For example:

<items>
	<item value="23">
		<caption>Bla Bla</caption>
		<value>twenty three</value>
	</item>
</items>

Which value is the right value? I'm assuming the attribute accidentally got
left in, or it has a new and different meaning.

- Ryan