Re: evaluation context

From: Jérôme Nègre <jerome.negre@ecl2000.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:14:06 +0200
To: <www-forms-request@w3.org>, <www-forms@w3.org>
> We ourselves have discovered that we need a way to merge the "xform"
> attribute with the "ref" and "nodeset" attributes, but we simply haven't
> figured out how to do that yet.

What about removing the xform attribute and introducing a new XPath function
that returns the xform:instance node ?
Something like: node xformInstance("id_of_form")

That way, one could write such expressions:
<xform:repeat nodeset="/one/path">
    <xform:input ref="/input">
        <xform:caption>
            <xform:output
ref="xformInstance('not_default_instance')/other/path/caption" />
        </xform:caption>
    </xform:input>
</xform:repeat>

Another question concerning context: is there a mean to use only the bind
attribute instead of the ref attribute in the preceding exemple ?

Jérôme