XForms Interface to RDF Schema?

From: Dan Zambonini <dan@boxuk.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:15:21 -0000
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
I'm creating a tool that provides a Graphical Interface (Java) for creating RDF files, based on any RDF Schema. As RDF Schema does not provide enough information for the interface (such as required fields, multiplicity, etc.), I am thinking of using XForms as an intermediate 'configuration file' that provides an interface between the GUI and the RDF Schema.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. The RDF Schema(s) in question include lists of ontologies, perfect for a selectOne/selectMany control. Can the RDF Schema be used as the XForms instance data, and then the <repeat nodeset="etc"> syntax used to extract the lists from the RDF into the drop downs?

2. In a similar manner, can the values for the <caption> and <help> elements be referenced, via xpath, to instance data (e.g. to an rdfs:label element)?

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel Zambonini
Box UK