RE: One more possible hole in UI?

From: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:31:33 -0800
To: "'John J. Barton'" <John_Barton@hpl.hp.com>, "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>
Interesting. Our architecture would certainly support this.

Lexically, an xform:password datatype would be identical to xform:string,
right? I don't see encryption being part of XForms 1.0, but that would be on
target for a future version. And you are correct: a password (or any "secret
text") deserves to have special semantics, even if common usage today
doesn't allow that to be expressed.

I wonder if there are P3P implications to a 'password' datatype?

.micah