Re: Initial reaction to XForms Spec

"T. V. Raman" wrote:

> This is a good discussion --thanks to the initial poster as
> well as yourself for your careful reading of our working
> draft.
>
> We decided to go with a
> generic select-one vs select-many selection elements
> --i.e. categorized based on functionality --
> and kept the presentation --listbox radiogroup pulldown etc
> as an orthogonal dimension (expressed as an attribute) to
> allow maximal client flexibility --
> this means that a client device with a small display area
> can choose to use a pull down in preference to a long
> display list etc.

Ok, I'll buy that.  It still doesn't address server side needs
if CSS and XForms are separated.  There are ways to work around
it, but it is alot of extra complexity that I would want to
avoid.  My usual solution to something like that is to use
XSLT to change the form depending on the client.  For instance,
my form will most likely be thoroughly rearranged for a WAP
device due to small screen sizes and making the form multipaged.

Now there were two parts to the original email, the other
part had to deal with section 7.6 and proposals for how to
handle grid layout based on GUI libraries I have used.

There has been no comment on that portion of my original email.
Should I repost it?  Is it being considered, or has it been
missed?