RE: how to bind model-items to instance-data ?

Dirk, Ryan:

(sorry for the late reply, the whole working group was at a face-to-face
meeting this week to bring the specification further along)

In fact, both of you are right: The current examples are not entirely
clear, and the favorite mechanism to tie model items to instance data is
essentially Schema. However, there are a few more tricky questions
involved: mobile devices are unlikely to implement the whole of XML
Schema any time soon, and there are a few new model items defined in the
XForms spec that must go somewhere.

At that face-to-face meeting, we have made good progress - stay tuned,
there will be a new working draft adressing this question as soon as
possible.

Josef