positional predicates in canonical binding-expressions?

From: T. V. Raman <tvraman@almaden.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:52:35 -0700
To: "joern turner" <joern@webman.de> (by way of "Masayasu Ishikawa" <mimasa@w3.org>)
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

Hi --
you're correct in that there is no way to reassemble a list
of items on the server because of how WWW form post works
today.

However there is nothing inside the specification for repeat
that claims we preserve order --perhaps we should make it
even clearer.
Incidentally I'm surprized you raised this in connection
with repeat --and not selectMany --both have the same
problem --only difference is that selectMany is populating
a schema list --repeat is populating something with more
substructure

--
Best Regards,
--raman

IBM Research: Human Language Technologies
Phone:        1 (408) 927 2608
Fax:        1 (408) 927 3012
Email:        tvraman@us.ibm.com
WWW:      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman
PGP:          http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman.asc
Snail:        IBM Almaden Research Center,
              650 Harry Road
              San Jose 95120