RE: XForms Requirements document

From: Waleed Nema <wNema@MediaOne.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:11:31 -0400
To: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>
  From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 11:38 AM
  To: www-forms@w3.org
  Subject: Re: XForms Requirements document

  In a message dated 11/07/01 16:27:31 GMT Daylight Time, wNema@MediaOne.net
  writes:

    It would be nice to include a means for specifying a field as a
"Required
    Field". Additionally, to take it a step further, one should be able to
    define a "Required-Field Mask Set" where one could define the allowable
    field combination sets of which at least one must be met. For instance,
on a
    search screen, the user must enter one of the following:
    a) zip code
    b) city and state, or
    c) phone number

    This requirement would fit under section 3.6.

  Waleed,

  I think that functionality is already present implicitly. If an XSD Schema
  datatype is restricted so that it cannot accept an empty string (or
whatever)
  then that, I think, would work out de facto as a required field.

  Andrew Watt