Re: XForms WD 200010608 Inconsistencies?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 05:55:42 EDT
To: www-forms@w3.org
CC: xforms@yahoogroups.com
AndrewWatt2001@aol.com writes:

> I am trying to get my head round how all the parts of the June 2001 WD fit
> together and it seems to me that some of the parts of the draft don't fit
> together correctly.
> If we start from the description in the XSD schema for XForms in Appendix
> A,
> which shows an xsd:sequence of submitInfo, model, instance and bind
> elements
> some examples don't seem to fit with the stated sequence.
> For example, in Chapter 9.4 xform:bind is shown preceding xform:instance.
> Having said "examples" (plural) I can only put my eye on one at the moment.

Another place where the inconsistency surfaces is Chapter 10.2.1, where we
read for the content of the xform element:

<!-- Content: (submitInfo | bind)*, model, instance -->

Ignoring the fact that it is DTD syntax rather than XSD Schema, it is
inconsistent with the <xsd:sequence> in  Appendix A.

Can someone clarify what is the intended content model of the xform element?
Is Appendix A normative? Or normatively wrong? :)

Thanks a lot.

Andrew Watt