Re: generating forms based on XML schemas

Hi Patrick,

/**
 * @author: Patrick Lightbody <plightbo@cisco.com>
 * @date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:45:27 -0800
 */
> I am not completely familiar with XForms...
>
> I need to present an XHTML output (from a Java servlet of some sort) that
> prompts a user for input based on an XML Schema (the servlet does not know
> the nature of the schema). For example, say my schema is:

you know about the Open Source Project 'SchemoX'? The main goal of this
project
is to generate input forms with informations only from XML Schema definitions.
It's implemented in Java and completely open source under an Apache Style
License.
So you can use it without any restrictions for your private and commercial
products. SchemoX doesn't support only XHTML. It additionally supports
generation
of Java Swing Apps or some other stuff. SchemoX is a very flexible framework.

Currently we use it in combination with Apache Cocoon to generate input forms
in XHTML. We support the form generation and the input validation mechanism.
We have no XML storage or user authentication mechanism and so on, because
therefore we use other, established, open source packages.

If you are interested in SchemoX then have a look at

   http://www.infozone-group.org/projects_main.html

SchemoX is still in development phase and now it's a good time to jump in.
We have a schemox developer mailing list. There you can express your wishes.
:-)

Regards
	Steffen...
Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com