From: Joseph Perkins [mailto:JPerkins@marketscout.com]
Sent: January 2, 2001 6:17 PM
To: 'Welsh, Linda B'; 'Rob McDougall'; 'tvraman@almaden.ibm.com'; Micah
Dubinko
Cc: 'gilescope@yahoo.co.uk'; 'www-forms@w3.org'
Subject: RE: Review of Xforms working draft

I hear the same echo, Linda. I am a hand coder (like most of you I am sure)
and I do know how difficult it can be to learn one way and then re-learn
another 2 months later. Think about the future people. What are we going to
be doing tomorrow or in a year or even a decade? We don't know but we can
work toward an answer.

Keeping it simple is the main objective. Making it reusable with future
innovations can be a different story all together and it will be if everyone
continues to bicker over long and short versions or anything. Make it long
or make it short. Just make it easy to understand for those who haven't been
developing for a lifetime.