RE: Outer group vs named form

At 04:52 PM 2/21/2001 -0800, Micah Dubinko wrote:
>A common use case will be when <orderForm> is an XML Schema that exists in a
>3rd party Web space. XForms works with this by including that schema by
>reference. A 'name' attribute wouldn't work -- the independent schema would
>have to be for the <shipTo> fragment, which seems less likely. (Does this
>make sense?)

Nope, since in that case the <group> is not needed, the Schema
is provided.  If a schema is referenced for the model do we
have any elements inside the form?

I guess the real issue is addressing and naming of the address
anchors.  Given a page with two forms, both of which are orderForm-s,
how do we reference the instance values?  It seems to me
that in ref= a.b.c (or a/b/c as the submission format seems to use)
the "a" has to point to the outermost layer, at the model.
We need plants.orderForm.address and animals.orderForm.address
where plants and animals are the two headers we assign in our
header to contain the two schema references to order forms.

Maybe I just don't have the logic quite yet.  I suppose that
in every ref we have a context.  Where ever we have ref we are
in a form?  So orderForm.address gets context from being in the
form that references the "plants" model?  Similarly the submission
gets its context this way?

Why does model use "id" and other model elements use "name"?

>We are looking for additional use cases.
>
>Thanks!
>
>.micah
>(co-editor)

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100