RE: selectOne

From: Dan Dennedy <DDennedy@digitalbang.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:01:26 -0500
To: "Roman Huditsch" <roman.huditsch@hico.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>
From: Roman Huditsch

> I've just come up with a short question: In chapter 8.9
> selectOne there
> is no element <choices> as a child element of <selectOne> any
> more. And
> according to the DTD Syntax in the general description at the end of
> this chapter, the element <item> might follow <selectOne> without a
> parent <choices>.
>
> Is that true?

Yes, because <choices> is meant to group or categorize one or more items
(potentially into hierarchies). In a menu control, this might displayed
using a horizontal line to separate the groups of <item>s. If the
<choices> contains a <caption>, then maybe indent the items under their
corresponding choices.

> P.S.: Sorry for my bad English

Actually, your question is quite clear.